SBI General Insurance is one of the most trusted insurers in India. In an age where specialized treatments are readily available, medical emergencies that befall any individual can engulf the sanity of that being. So, to be well equipped to face such ordeals, financial security is a must.
Health Insurance plans offered by SBI General Insurance offer a wide range of policies with benefits that tend to suit any type of customer. Be it an average middle-class individual or a high paid one, SBI has plans that are formulated according to the needs and financial affordability of peoples from all tiers.
Read along to find the variants of plans that the company has to offer to its valuable customers.
Different Health Plans offered by SBI and their Benefits
1) Health Insurance Plan by SBI
The prime focus of SBI as an insurer is to provide better health and a sense of security by making medical treatment more manageable. Listed below are the features of this particular plan.
- A wide coverage of ₹ 50,000 – 5,00,000
- For people up to 45 years of age, with no medical history, no medical test is required.
- Multiple coverage options- Family floater benefit is made a comprehensive plan wherein insurance for the whole family is included under a single plan.
- Coverage of pre and post-hospitalization treatments for 30 and 60 days respectively.
- Insured can avail cashless facility across SBI’s network of hospitals.
- A waiting period of 1 year for certain specified diseases.
- In cases of day-care surgery that requires less than 24-hour hospitalization, the medical expenses will be covered under the plan.
2) SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
We never know what life has in store for us. Everything is quite unexpected. The news of being diagnosed with any critical illness is sure to leave anyone devastated; both mentally and financially. It is in such cases that this plan provides its customers medical coverage for almost 13 such critical illnesses. The plan provides the insured a fixed sum rather than the actual amount and helps them bear any high cost. The benefits of this particular plan are listed below.
- The sum assured amount is up to ₹ 50,00,000
- Minimum entry age is 18 years and the maximum is 65-years.
- A critical illnesses covered in this plan are aorta graft surgery, cancer, stroke, kidney failure, first heart attack, primary pulmonary arterial hypertension, multiple sclerosis, coronary artery bypass surgery, permanent paralysis of the limbs, and major organ transplant.
- The insurer allows claim for only one critical illness in a lifetime in this plan.
- Moreover, the insurance benefit is payable only if the insured is alive for at least 28 days after the first diagnosis.
3) SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
This plan focuses to cover the expenses of each day of hospitalization. So, the plan also covers miscellaneous expenses which are not usually covered under traditional policies. The benefits of the policy are listed below:
- Up to ₹ 2000 per day cash benefit of hospitalization.
- Daily Cash benefit of up-to ₹4000 for ICU hospitalization.
- For accidental hospitalization, the cash benefit is up to ₹ 4000
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses covered for 30 and 60 days respectively.
Ideal Plans in SBI Health Insurance
Arogya Premier Policy
This policy is formulated to focus on high-net-worth individuals. It offers wide medical coverage medical options including that of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy). But it is essential to seek treatment in only those hospitals that are either government run or the ones accredited by the quality council of India.
The benefits of the plan are listed below:
- Widest coverage ranging from ₹ 10,00,000 – 30,00,000
- Comes in Individual/ family and floater options.
- Up to 55 years of age, no medical check-up is required if a person has no medical history.
- The minimum and maximum ages of entry for the policy are 3 months and 65 years.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses covered are 60 and 90 days respectively.
- The maternity expenses are covered after a waiting period of 9 months after availing the policy.
- If the amount is reduced in anyway, it automatically reinstates the full sum assured without the need for additional premium.
- Tax deduction under the section 80D of the income tax is possible.
SBI group health Insurance
- Medical practitioner specialist fees are covered under this plan.
- Dialysis, Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, X-ray, Surgical appliances, cost of a pacemaker, Operation Theatre charges, internal implants and other medical expenses are included which are necessary for carrying out the operation.
- Minimum entry age is 3 months.
- All charges like rooms, nursing, ICUs are all covered under the plan.
Other than these, Arogya Top Up policy is also available.
Make use of the benefits and plans that meet your needs. Also, make sure that you have safeguarded yourself and your family financially to meet any kind of medical emergencies without much fury and hassles. For more details on health insurance log on to Coverfox.com.