Whether you are in charge of an office or a warehouse, the chances are that you have a lot of data to store. You will keep monthly financial reports on file so that you are able to see the income and expenditure of the company. You will also keep your employee records on file to gauge how well they are performing and if they have any disciplinary issues that need to be taken care of.
There are two types of file management systems that you can choose from:
- Physical File Management
- Digital File Management
Both types of file management can be handled by a professional service so that you have one less thing to think about when you are running your business. Comprehensive records management removes a large amount of stress from your working day and will make you and your employees much more efficient. Efficiency is going to be beneficial for your company.
The differences between these two types of file management need to be explored in-depth so that you have a clear view of the benefits.
The Benefits Of Physical Storage
- Physical records can be stored off-site so that they are not going to take up and room in filing cabinets and cabinets in your office.
- Physical records will be kept in a secure facility that is locked and monitored by CCTV. The security measures prevent theft of documents.
- You can access records at any time, even during weekends and office hours. This is particularly useful if you urgently need to review a merger agreement or a contract.
- Every type of physical file can be stored, from handwritten rough drafts to fully-bound document folders.
- Physical documents can also be turned into digital files at your request. This is going to be a quick process, which is useful when you need to access or share the digital files as soon as you possibly can.
You will need to weigh up the advantages when you consider having your documents stored in their physical form. Alternatively, you may consider digital file management.
The Benefits Of Digital Storage
- You have more room in your office for desks and chairs when files are being stored digitally.
- You can access the data instantly because of the online storage system. This is going to save money in printing costs. Also, you won’t need to pay for physical filing cabinets. Your business will eliminate physical storage costs.
- Files are stored using secure systems which will not be susceptible to hackers or viruses. All of your data is completely safe.
- Digital files can be converted into paper documents when you need them as a physical file.
- Digital files cannot be damaged if there is a fire or flood in the office.
The main benefit of digital files is that will save you a large amount of office space and they won’t be damaged by office accidents. Physical files can be accessed easily when they are off-site.